Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem to load tape into the 2. Drive

2009-11-27 03:52:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem to load tape into the 2. Drive
From: Juergen Koch <juergen.koch AT unister-gmbh DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:30:42 +0100
Hello,

I think, I do not have a problem in my configuration.
I can load tapes into drive two with the mtx-script.
The parameters, which are send the mount-command to the mtx-script
imply ever the /dev/nst0 and the drive-index 0.

And bacule works fine with the first drive.

My autochanger config:

-------
#
# An autochanger device with two drives
#
Autochanger {
   Name = tl-01
   Device = tl-01-1
   Device = tl-01-2
   Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
   Changer Device = /dev/sg6
}

Device {
   Name = tl-01-1                      #
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = LTO-4
   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = yes;
   AutoChanger = yes
   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

Device {
   Name = tl-01-2                      #
   Drive Index = 1
   Media Type = LTO-4
   Archive Device = /dev/nst1
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   RandomAccess = yes;
   AutoChanger = yes
   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}
----

The director-sd-config:

----

# Definition of LTO tape storage device
Storage {
   Name = tl-01
   #Do not use "localhost" here
   Address = backup                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "xxx"          # password for Storage daemon
   Device = tl-01-1                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
   Device = tl-01-2                      # must be same as Device in
Storage daemon
   Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in
Storage daemon
   Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

-----

Juergen Koch