Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to setup Pools/Volumes?

2009-11-14 06:48:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to setup Pools/Volumes?
From: "Bundschuh, Philipp" <philipp.bundschuh AT comit-gmbh DOT de>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:27:44 +0100
Hello dear Bacula-Users,

I just setup bacula on Debian 5.0; all deamons are running fine, but I
have some difficulties with understanding pools, volumes, etc.

I want to do a full backup once a week and a differential backup the
other 6 days. On the 8th day, another (=second) full backup and so on...

My problem is, that I have only 100GB Backup Space (mounted via NFS), so
that I have to overwrite the "first" full backup file. Every two weeks,
the backups should be overwritten.

How do I have to configure my pools/volumes?

Summarized:

1st Mon: Full Backup 1
1st Tue: Incremental 1
1st Wed: Incremental 1
1st Thu: Incremental 1
1st Fri: Incremental 1
1st Sat: Incremental 1
1st Sun: Incremental 1

2nd Mon: Full Backup 2
2nd Tue: Incremental 2
2nd Wed: Incremental 2
2nd Thu: Incremental 2
2nd Fri: Incremental 2
2nd Sat: Incremental 2
2nd Sun: Incremental 2

3rd Mon: Full Backup 1 (overwrite 1st Mon Backup)
3rd Tue: Incremental 1
3rd Wed: Incremental 1
3rd Thu: Incremental 1
3rd Fri: Incremental 1
3rd Sat: Incremental 1
3rd Sun: Incremental 1

4th Mon: Full Backup 2 (overwrite 1st Mon Backup)
4th Tue: Incremental 2
4th Wed: Incremental 2
4th Thu: Incremental 2
4th Fri: Incremental 2