Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to setup Pools/Volumes?

2009-11-15 02:56:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to setup Pools/Volumes?
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:52:35 +1100
Bundschuh, Philipp wrote:

> I want to do a full backup once a week and a differential backup the
> other 6 days. On the 8th day, another (=second) full backup and so on...
>
> My problem is, that I have only 100GB Backup Space (mounted via NFS), so
> that I have to overwrite the "first" full backup file. Every two weeks,
> the backups should be overwritten.
>
> How do I have to configure my pools/volumes?

Looks like four pools; FB1, FB2, Inc1 &  Inc2 "
Overwriting depends on retention setting.
Create a new volume each time you do it.

If space is a problem (and run time/size isn't), bumping those
Incrementals up to Differentials means that you only need to keep the
latest and probably one or two others for safety.

Caveat, I work with tapes.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding