Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude not working the way I expected

2009-11-13 20:58:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude not working the way I expected
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Glynd <glyn AT cirrus.co DOT za>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:55:23 -0500
Glynd wrote:
> I have obviously not understood how exclude works.
> I have the following in my fileset resource but all that is backed up are
> the directories defined in the Glynbup.txt with no files
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "Glyn Set"
>   Enable VSS = yes
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       Compression = GZIP
> #     signature = MD5
>       ignore case = yes
>       Exclude = yes
>     }
>
>       File = "</var/lib/bacula/bin/Glynbup.txt"
>   }
>   Exclude {
>       File = "</var/lib/bacula/bin/glynexclude.txt"
>   }
> }
>
> The Glynbup.txt has a list of directories without "File =" like this
> c:/downloads
> c:/My Documents
>
> The glynexclude.txt is of the same format. Even if I just put in the exclude
> resource, the actual directories in the form of:
> c:/users/temp
> c:/user/Nethood

Tried it without c:?

 From
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0014110000000000000000

"If you are using the old Exclude syntax (noted below), you may not
specify a drive letter in the exclude. The new syntax noted above should
work fine including driver letters. "

Just in case...