Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] weekly backup on 2 external hard disks

2009-10-30 11:14:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] weekly backup on 2 external hard disks
From: "Mgr. Martin Fabuš" <Fabus AT Prosoft DOT sk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:10:24 +0100
    Hi John,

> After that I would adjust my scheduling to run the full backups on
> Friday night so that after a change Full backups will be made.
That's exactly what I want to avoid. I would like to:
    Do a full backup twice (once per HDD) per year and daily increment
otherwise.
    In the same time I want to be able to do a full restore from 1 HDD.

I dont' understand fully how would vchanger be helpfull in this.
Isn't it enough to create 2 pools - one per HDD and schedule the backups
on different pools?

Martin