Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features

2009-10-30 09:56:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:30:52 -0400
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:

>>> Sure.
>>
>> I'm not sure if he might has thought of a single backup job spanning
>> multiple drives.
>>
>> This wouldn't be possible AFAIK.
>>

> I believe vchanger with each drive being a magazine would do this but
> it would also require user intervention unless both drives were
> connected at the same time.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/

BTW, what I mean by user intervention is that after plugging in the
second drive the user would have to update slots so that the virtual
slots on the second drive become known to bacula. Autofs can take care
of the automatic mounting, however I am having some problems with this
and the vchanger using the new UUID method.

John