Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features

2009-10-31 18:01:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features
From: "Leslie Rhorer" <lrhorer AT satx.rr DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:56:49 -0500
        After nosing around for a day or two, I have decided that Bacula
will not suit my needs.  It is an extremely powerful suite of programs, but
it is designed to handle an enterprise environment rather than a home
environment, and getting it to work for my environment would just be more
trouble than it would be worth.  It is designed primarily so that a sysadmin
(or several) can set up backup jobs to be run unattended at specific times,
adn to be able to back up many hosts.  I need just the opposite: to be able
to back up from a single host in an attended backup to be run on no
particular schedule.  Its ability to backup to removable media was key in my
search, but dar will be able to handle my needs pretty well.

        Thanks to everyone for their advice and for helping me to make my
decision.  I do appreciate it, the fact I ultimately will not be using
Bacula - at least not for this purpose - notwithstanding.