Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features

2009-10-30 09:11:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula features
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:08:01 +0100
Hi,

30.10.2009 11:56, James Harper wrote:

> [...]

I agree with James... from Baculas point of view, the volume files
don't matter, just the place where it finds them is important. And
that doesn't change. At least that's how I understand vchanger works.

Quite similar to tapes - you access the tape with a constant name, but
which tape is in the tape drive is independent from the tape drive's name.

I guess I'll have to try vchanger some day :-)

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann