Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] copy and then migrate job

2009-10-29 05:15:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] copy and then migrate job
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:11:53 +0100
Hello,

27.10.2009 16:19, Nicolae Mihalache wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to automatically copy some jobs from one tape to another (to
> be taken offline) and because I don't have two tape drives, I have to
> use a temporary pool.
> However I have noticed that all the jobs that are copied to the
> temporary pool are marked with type 'M' and then the migration process
> refuses to take them into account.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this change of type for the copy jobs or to
> force the migration to take them into account?

First, it would probably help if you sent the configuration for the
copy jobs involved.

But I guess you'll need to write your own piece of SQL to select what
you want - it's not overly complicated, but needs a bit of SQL
knowledge and, of course, you need to understand the catalog schema.

Actually, I believe the default selection schemes could be enhanced a
bit, but I'm unsure which selection schemes are most useful to many
users...

Arno

> thx
> nicolae