Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] job run script error

2009-09-30 14:55:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] job run script error
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:52:16 +0000
>That’s because the shell interprets the * glob but bacula doesn’t.
>The shell will replace "/var/lib/bacula/*.bsr" with a list of matching
>file names (if these files exists) while bacula will send the string
>as is to the program.  The solution is to put your command into a
>shell script and execute the shell script from bacula.

Thanks everyone,
It does work fine in a shell script. One thing left that is odd, if
I don’t specify "where" to run it, it does run by default on the dir
in this case and functions properly in the sense that if there is an
error, the job fails as specified.

If I specify "RunsOnClient = No" for the sake of clarity, even with
"FailJobOnError = Yes" if the shell script bombs the job reports success.

Why when I don't specify the location does it behave as expected and
report an error if the script fails?

Thanks!
jlc