Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Creating a Volume on a tape times out

2009-09-17 17:24:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Creating a Volume on a tape times out
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Watson, Joe" <ISJOEWAT AT oklahomacounty DOT org>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:19:49 -0400
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Watson, Joe
<ISJOEWAT AT oklahomacounty DOT org> wrote:
> Product Type: Tape Drive
> Vendor ID: 'HP      '
> Product ID: 'Ultrium 4-SCSI  '
> Revision: 'W24W'
> Attached Changer API: No
> SerialNumber: 'HU19215LV5'
> MinBlock: 1
> MaxBlock: 16777215
> SCSI ID: 4
> SCSI LUN: 0
> Ready: yes
> BufferedMode: yes
> Medium Type: Not Loaded
> Density Code: 0x46
> BlockSize: 0
> DataCompEnabled: yes
> DataCompCapable: yes
> DataDeCompEnabled: yes
> CompType: 0x1
> DeCompType: 0x1
> BOP: yes
> Block Position: 0
> Partition 0 Remaining Kbytes: 800226
> Partition 0 Size in Kbytes: 800226
> ActivePartition: 0
> EarlyWarningSize: 0
> NumPartitions: 0

The problem with the mtx status command you did is /dev/sg0 is the
tape drive and not the changer.

Find the correct device for the changer using tapeinfo. Run it one by
one for /dev/sg0 ...

Here is my output for my autochanger:

dev6 ~ # tapeinfo -f /dev/sg5
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'EXABYTE '
Product ID: 'MAGNUM 224      '
Revision: 'C112'
Attached Changer: No
SerialNumber: '000089000435'
SCSI ID: 3
SCSI LUN: 1
Ready: yes

At minimum the Product Type should be the same for your autochanger

John