Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running

2009-09-14 09:16:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: Bram Vandoren <bram.vandoren AT ster.kuleuven DOT be>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:13:57 +0300
On Monday 14 September 2009 15:59:24 Bram Vandoren wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Silver Salonen wrote:
> > Hmm, I guess not then. But it has been reported several times in the
> > list. So, any volunteers? :)
>
> This configuration:
>   Allow Higher Duplicates = no
>   Cancel Queued Duplicates = yes
>
> Seems to work fine in my situation (some more testing is needed). It
> cancels the newly created duplicate job immediately.
>
> This configuration:
>   Allow Higher Duplicates = no
>   Cancel Running Duplicates = yes
> cancels the running job and starts the same one. If you have a job that
> takes more than 24h to complete a runs daily, it will never finish.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> When I find some try I will reopen the bug report.
>
> Cheers,
> Bram.

I'll try that on my servers with a few hundred jobs and report about it
tomorrow :)

But as default options are "Cancel Queued Duplicates = yes" and "Cancel
Running Duplicates = no", the only needed option seems to be "Allow Higher
Duplicates = no". I myself had set "Allow Duplicate Jobs = no", because I
thought it includes  "Allow Higher Duplicates = no" too. Whether the one
option helps or not, I'll tell tomorrow.

--
Silver