Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running

2009-09-15 10:40:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent to schedule a job if the same job is still running
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:36:25 -0700
Silver Salonen wrote:
> Actually, you can do it - "Allow Higher Duplicates" really means ANY
> duplicate
> job, not only a higher one. I just tested it and an incremental job is
> cancelled if either full or incremental instance of the same job is still
> running.
>
> So in my case "Allow Higher Duplicates" did the trick :)

Really?

This is exactly what I want and what I tried for when 3.x was first
released, but my experiments showed that nothing was canceled.  The jobs
rather began running concurrently.

I'll try this again.  Are you saying to set Allow Higher Duplicates to
Yes or No?  Actually, could you possibly list what you have all the
relevant values set to?  I would most appreciate it.

thanks,
Stephen
--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760