Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] one full backup of a job always fails

2009-09-14 09:12:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] one full backup of a job always fails
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:08:19 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Silver Salonen wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've got a problem in Bacula 3.0.2 - one backup of a server always fails with
> error:
>
> JobId 14638: Fatal error: sql_create.c:806 Fill Filename table Query failed:
> INSERT INTO Filename (Name) SELECT a.Name FROM (SELECT DISTINCT Name FROM
> batch) AS a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT Name FROM Filename AS f WHERE f.Name =
> a.Name): ERR=Got error 28 from storage engine

Google search: Mysql error 28

http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/newsletter/2003-10/a0000000249.html

What is error 28 and how can I avoid it?

Using the command line tool perror you can find out, what the error 28
means.

> perror 28
Error code 28: No space left on device

If you get his error, you need to check all filesystems where MySQL
operates. It may be single filesystem or as we recommend you can have
datadir, tmpdir and log files split into dedicated filesystems. MySQL
often creates temporary tables for some queries - most of them are placed
in tmpdir, but some into database directory (e.g. ALTER TABLE). You must
ensure, that there is enough free disk space available for MySQL