Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] one full backup of a job always fails

2009-09-16 02:26:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] one full backup of a job always fails
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:22:37 +0300
On Monday 14 September 2009 16:08:19 Alan Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Silver Salonen wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I've got a problem in Bacula 3.0.2 - one backup of a server always fails
> > with error:
> >
> > JobId 14638: Fatal error: sql_create.c:806 Fill Filename table Query
> > failed: INSERT INTO Filename (Name) SELECT a.Name FROM (SELECT DISTINCT
> > Name FROM batch) AS a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT Name FROM Filename AS f
> > WHERE f.Name = a.Name): ERR=Got error 28 from storage engine
>
> Google search: Mysql error 28
>
> http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/newsletter/2003-10/a0000000249.html
>
> What is error 28 and how can I avoid it?
>
> Using the command line tool perror you can find out, what the error 28
> means.
>
> > perror 28
>
> Error code 28: No space left on device
>
> If you get his error, you need to check all filesystems where MySQL
> operates. It may be single filesystem or as we recommend you can have
> datadir, tmpdir and log files split into dedicated filesystems. MySQL
> often creates temporary tables for some queries - most of them are placed
> in tmpdir, but some into database directory (e.g. ALTER TABLE). You must
> ensure, that there is enough free disk space available for MySQL

Yes, I did see this by googling, but I really doubted the server was out of
disk space - there are several gigabytes free for MySQL DB and /tmp ain't full
either. So I just couldn't believe it :)

But well, after googling a bit more I set --tmpdir=/usr/mysql_tmp for MySQL as
/usr has much more free space. And it fixed it, so it was about /tmp after
all.

--
Silver