Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How could I exlude files greater than a specific filesize from a backup?

2009-09-03 18:53:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How could I exlude files greater than a specific filesize from a backup?
From: Nicolas Jungers <nicolas AT jungers DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:29:43 +0200
Le jeudi 03 septembre 2009 à 11:24 -0700, Cedric Tefft a écrit :
> You might be able to accomplish this with a short script that identifies
> the large files, run it before every backup, and use its output as an
> include list for your large-files job and an exclude list for your
> small-files job.

I didn't test it, but I've infered from the doc (2.4):

        "Any change to the list of the included files will cause Bacula
        automatically create a new FileSet (defined by the name and an
        MD5
        checksum of the Include/Exclude contents). Each time a new
        FileSet is created, Bacula will ensure that the next backup is
        always a Full save."

that your proposed solution shall trigger a full save, which may not be
what's wanted </understatement>

I'll be very happy to learn that I'm wrong because it's one of the
issues that nags me in Bacula.

Nicolas