Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with FileSet - New User

2009-09-03 15:02:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with FileSet - New User
From: Adriano Gripp <adriano.gripp AT zetrasoft.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:49:58 -0300
Hi all,

I'm trying to make Bacula to work but I'm facing a few problems with
the FileSet definition (everything else seems to be working fine).
My problems are:

1. I need to exclude directories from the backup that are local copy of a svn.

I tried the "Exclude Dir Containing = ".svn"" option with no success,
I get the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[root@host bacula]# bacula-dir -t
Orphaned buffer:  bacula-dir      5 bytes buf=b7200a40 allocated at
inc_conf.c:591
[root@host bacula]#
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And no directories are excluded. What does mean that error and how to
correct? (I couldn't find anything through Google and Bacula docs)

Anyway, I realized that this option is to exclude a directory
containing a defined file and in the case of svn there isn't any
specific file but a directory named .svn.

Any ideas on how to exclude a directory that contains a determined subdirectory?

But, so I gave up trying this and decide to write a script to list all
svn directories and put them on the Exclude block and found another
problem:

2. my "Exclude { File = c:\something }" is not working.

I tried some changes but always the directories listed on the Exclude
are included on the backup (I'm not really executing the backup, just
"estimate listing"). What is wrong with my configuration?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FileSet {
  Name = "Windows Workstations Set"
  Include {
    Options {
      exclude = yes
      ignore case = yes

      wildfile = "*.bak"
      wildfile = "*.tmp"
      wildfile = "*.lnk"

      wildfile = "*.exe"
      wildfile = "*.cab"
      wildfile = "*.msi"

      WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/My Pictures"
      WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/My Music"
      WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/My Videos"
      WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/My Downloads"
      WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/My Games"
    }
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression=GZIP
      noatime = yes
      checkfilechanges = yes
      ignore case = yes
      DriveType = fixed

      @/etc/bacula/fileset/windows_user_backup_places
    }
    Options {
      exclude = yes
      ignore case = yes
      Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*"
    }

#    Exclude Dir Containing = ".svn"    # doesn't work

    File = "c:/Documents and Settings"
  }
 Exclude {
      File = "c:/Documents and Settings/All Users"
      File = "c:/Documents and Settings/Administrador"
      File = "c:/Documents and Settings/Default User"
      File = "c:/Documents and Settings/LocalService"
      File = "c:/Documents and Settings/NetworkService"
 }
}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/etc/bacula/fileset/windows_user_backup_places
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# All user profiles (Win XP)
RegExDir = "^c:/Documents and Settings/[^/]+$"

# My Documents folder
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents/*"

# Desktop folder
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Desktop"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Desktop/*"

# Application Data and Application Data/Microsoft (so we can reach the
subfolders)
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft"

# Outlook Express
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Identities"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Identities/*"

# Outlook Express (too)
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application
Data/Microsoft/Outlook Express"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook
Express/*"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book/*"

# Outlook
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/*"

# Outlook (too)
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Application Data"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Application
Data/Microsoft"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Application
Data/Microsoft/Outlook"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Application
Data/Microsoft/Outlook/*"

# Mozilla ThunderBird
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Mozilla"
WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles"
Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/*"

Thanks very much for any help,

Regards,

Adriano Gripp