Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How could I exlude files greater than a specific filesize from a backup?

2009-09-03 14:29:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How could I exlude files greater than a specific filesize from a backup?
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: Martina Mohrstein <mmohr007 AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:24:04 -0700
You might be able to accomplish this with a short script that identifies
the large files, run it before every backup, and use its output as an
include list for your large-files job and an exclude list for your
small-files job.

Here is an example for which I've assumed your users are backing up
their data to /home and your definition of a "large" file is anything
larger than 1GB.  Obviously, you should adjust these details fit your
situation.

Anyway, the script might look something like this:

#!/bin/sh
# generate_large_file_list.sh: Generates a list of files under /home
larger than 1GB
find /home -size +1G > /etc/bacula/largefiles.lst

Include a RunBeforeJob directive in the job definitions for both your
large-files and small-files jobs

RunBeforeJob = "/path/to/generate_large_file_list.sh"

Your large-files File Set would use the generated list as the primary
file list, like this:

FileSet {
  Name = "LargeFiles"
  Include {
    Options {
    }

    File = "</etc/bacula/largefiles.lst"
  }
}

And the small-files File Set would do the reverse -- it would use the
same list to tell bacula what NOT to back up, like this:

FileSet {
  Name = "SmallFiles"
  Include {
    Options {