Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] TLS negotiation failed with FD

2009-08-04 12:40:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] TLS negotiation failed with FD
From: Hugh Brown <hbrown AT chibi.ubc DOT ca>
To: Siyoucef Arslan <siyoucef.arslan AT yahoo DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:05:57 -0700
Siyoucef Arslan wrote:
> hi
>
> I have this problem when I want to connect a external client. but I can
> connect with and without TLS probelem with the local client.
>
>  error:
>   Fatal Error: TLS negotiation failed with FD at "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 9102".
>
> 03-Aug 16:17 WN-ASI-01-dir JobID 0: Fatal Error: bnet.c: 307 host TLS
> certificate verification failed. Host name "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" did not
> match certificate presented
>

>  What is the solution?

This is almost certainly happening because the CN in your certificate
for the FD did not match what you listed in the "Address" field for
the client stanza.  In other words, if you had this stanza in the
director's config file:

----

Client {
  Name = client.example.com-fd
  Address = client.example.com
}
----

then the CN in the certificate used by the FD would need to be
"client.example.com".  I haven't tried it with an IP address in the
"Address" field or CN, so I don't know how that would affect things.

Hope that helps,
Hugh

--
Hugh Brown, Systems Manager