Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] reversing order of contact?

2009-08-04 12:21:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] reversing order of contact?
From: Toni Mueller <support AT oeko DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:17:57 +0200
Hi Timo,

On Tue, 04.08.2009 at 18:48:13 +0300, Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT
net> wrote:
> There is a manual chapter about how to deal with firewalls & bacula.
> Basically, you need to open your firewall a little bit: allow spesific
> clients to open connection to spesific ports of the server.

thanks. I had already seen this chapter, and I'm thinking about whether
I'll do that, or maybe find some other solution (SSH tunnel?), as I'm
reluctant to open up a port.

But I'd still like to know the rationale behind the original idea.

Kind regards,
--Toni++