Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] reversing order of contact?

2009-08-04 11:53:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] reversing order of contact?
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:48:13 +0300
"Toni Mueller" <support AT oeko DOT net> kirjoitti viestissä
news:20090804093746.32479.qmail AT oak.oeko DOT net...

> Hi,
>
> I've wondered about why my clients won't back up, but think that I
> found the problem after reviewing this page:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/What_is_Bacula.html#SECTION00220000000000000000
>
> The picture specifies that the client accesses the server to ship its
> data. This collides with my settings quite a bit because the director
> and storage server are behind a firewall, and cannot directly be
> accessed by the clients. What would work, however, is to tell the
> director/storage daemon(s) to contact the client, but offhand, I don't
> seem to figure out how to configure this.

There is a manual chapter about how to deal with firewalls & bacula.
Basically, you need to open your firewall a little bit: allow spesific
clients to open connection to spesific ports of the server.

--
TiN