Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula client on windows vista

2009-03-27 12:23:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula client on windows vista
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bill Szkotnicki <bszk AT uoguelph DOT ca>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:13:28 -0400
> I am having trouble getting the client working on vista
> bacula-fd (version  2.5.42-b2 ) starts as a service but
> rejects Hello from the director.
>
> It also does not have an icon in the running tray but the service seems
> to be running so I wonder how to get status?

Short story, there is no icon in the tray because vista does not allow
it. Basically system services are not allowed to interact with the
gui. At one point (more than 2 years ago) I was working on creating a
standalone tray application but this ended up taking a lot more time
then I thought and I had to end that.

John