Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula client on windows vista

2009-03-27 14:16:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: bacula client on windows vista
From: Chris Lieb <chris.lieb+nospam AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:07:14 -0500

On 3/27/2009 12:07 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> Upgrading the director did not help
> Does anyone know how to get around the messages below?
> "different filesystem? "
>

> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/All Users is a different
> filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into C:/Users/All Users
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:
> C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/Application Data is a different
> filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/Application Data
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:
> C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/History is a different filesystem. Will
> not descend from C:/Users into C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/History
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:
> C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/Temporary Internet Files is a different
> filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/AppData/Local/Temporary Internet Files
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Application Data is
> a different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Application Data
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Cookies is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Cookies
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Documents/My Music
> is a different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Documents/My Music
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Documents/My
> Pictures is a different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users
> into C:/Users/Default/Documents/My Pictures
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Documents/My Videos
> is a different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Documents/My Videos
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Local Settings is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Local Settings
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/My Documents is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/My Documents
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/NetHood is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/NetHood
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/PrintHood is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/PrintHood
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Recent is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Recent
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/SendTo is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/SendTo
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Start Menu is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> C:/Users/Default/Start Menu
> apscnm234bjf-fd JobId 5162:      C:/Users/Default/Templates is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from C:/Users into
> [...]

I believe those messages are telling the truth.  With the exception of
All Users (don't have a Vista machine available ATM), all of the items
in Default User are actually directory Junctions, which are similar to
symlinks in Linux.  They are there so that poorly coded apps that
hard-code paths to items in your user profile don't die when it can't
find them.

For example, in XP, you had \Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data. This was moved to \Users\username\AppData\Roaming in Vista.  To
help programs that were hard-coded to get their data from Application
Data, a directory junction was created with the name Application Data
that points at the new AppData\Roaming folder.

You don't want to force onefs=no in this case since those directories
don't actually exist.  If you backed them up, then restored them later,
you'd obliterate the junction, causing the correct location to be
unlinked from the old location.

HTH,
Chris