Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Monitoring bacula with Nagios

2009-03-27 12:45:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Monitoring bacula with Nagios
From: Steve Thompson <smt AT vgersoft DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, John Drescher wrote:

> Have you ever seen bacula die? I mean in 5 years of using bacula on 35
> to 50 machines I do not recall ever seeing bacula die.

Yep; storage daemon (2.4.2) dies on me about once a month. I get a file
daemon failure about once a month too, but of course there's a lot more
of those.

Incidentally, when the file daemon dies, the job sits in the "waiting for
FD to connect" state forever. The director has to be restarted, otherwise
no further jobs start.

Steve