Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pausing the backup schedule

2009-03-24 16:44:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pausing the backup schedule
From: Ian Allison <ianfindlayallison AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:36:09 -0700
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to tell bacula to stop doing backups while I do some administative things like labeling tapes (or restoring). This problem has just bitten me but I don't know bacula well enough yet to work around it.

I have one tape which is in VolStatus=Append and I wanted to add another tape to the pool. I unmounted and ejected the tape then wrote an EOF marker on the new tape, started up bconsole and labeled it. As soon as I had finished this, a bacula job which had been scheduled started writing to the new tape. I wanted this backup on the first tape, what should I have done? Is there a way of holding backups in queue until tasks like labeling or restoring are finished?

I'm new to bacula so I might be thinking about this the wrong way, but I would appreceate any guidance.

--

Ian