Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File storage unmount

2009-03-24 15:12:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] File storage unmount
From: Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:04:41 -0400
I've just put together a small storage tower for backups, and I can't
figure out how to get Bacula to run the unmount command after a job is
complete.  The goal is to make it so that I can just unplug the unit and
carry it off so long as there are no active jobs.

Here's the storage definition:

Device {
   Name = MiniTowerStorage
   Device Type = File
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /backups
   LabelMedia = yes
   Random Access = yes
   Requires Mount = yes
   Mount Point = "/backups"
   Mount Command = "/etc/bacula/mountback"
   Unmount Command = "/etc/bacula/unmountback"
   AutomaticMount = yes
   RemovableMedia = no
   AlwaysOpen = no
}

The two scripts ([un]mountback) assemble the software RAID 0 array and
mount the file system, plus the reverse.  They do exactly what they are
supposed to do.  Bacula does run "Mount Command" before a job, but it
doesn't run "Unmount Command" after the job is complete.

I need it to do that, so what's the trick?