Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...

2009-03-04 10:38:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...
From: mimmo lariccia <mum_laris AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:35:37 +0000
> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:19:42 -0500
> From: mgx AT ornl DOT gov
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...
> To: mum_laris AT hotmail DOT com
> CC: gallowaymd AT ornl DOT gov; bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
>
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 08:29:37AM +0000, mimmo lariccia wrote:
> >
> > Hi Michael and thanks for fast answer...
> > Hi all....
> >
> > I hope you're right.
> > But these are results of my tests:
> >
> > # lsscsi
> > [0:0:0:0] mediumx COMPAQ MSL5000 Series 0423 -
> > [0:0:0:1] tape HP Ultrium 1-SCSI E38W /dev/st0
> > [0:0:0:2] storage HP NS E1200-160 530b -
> >

> you indicated that there are two drives in your library. do both drives show up
> in the scsi bios when you boot the system? it would seem that the os is not seeing
> the first drive for some reason.
>
> -- michael

Hi Michael.
My O.S. indicates during boot the same devices You see in the lsscsi...
This may be due to a configuration of Storage_Router, inside the Tape Library, that bridges FC connection with SCSI ones on Tapes.
But I think hardware problem may not exclude in this way communications between bacula and its items...
There's something that I'm missing...

Thanks anyway!!!
:)
Cheers.