Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...

2009-03-03 21:03:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: mimmo lariccia <mum_laris AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:32:56 -0500
On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:29:24PM +0000, mimmo lariccia wrote:

> Hi all.
> Sorry for annoying with another "strange" request, but...
> It's making me fool!
>
> Using:
> - Centos 5.2 Final
> - bacula 2.4.2
> - I'm not able to make any kind of "manage" of autochanger, but btape test
> works perfectly (after I've loaded the drive manually with mtx-changer); also
> an "update slots" gives me an answer as:
>  3999 Device "Autochanger" not found or could not be opened.
>
> Of course backup on FileStorage works perfectly...
>
> >From my point of view may be strange that linux detect only a /dev/nst0
> >instead of 2 LTO1 drives into TapeLibrary, but it's not first time I see a
> >Hp msl "kind" library, works with only a drive, instead two or more...
>
> ls /dev
> ->
> [...]
> /dev/sg0
> /dev/sg1
> /dev/sg2
> [...]
> /dev/nst0
> [...]
>
> bacula-sd.conf
>
> Autochanger {
> Name = HPMSL5030
> Device = Drive1
> Changer Device = /dev/sg0
> Changer Command = /usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d
> }
>
> Device {
> Name = Drive1
> Device Type = Tape
> Media Type = Ultrium1
> Archive Device = /dev/nst0
> Removable Media = yes
> Random Access = no
> }
>
> Can anyone help me please?
> Thanks...

clearly /dev/sg0 is not your changer device. have a look at lsscsi and then
test with mtx to see what device is your changer. mine:

krait:~ # lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST980813AS       3.AA  /dev/sda
[1:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST980813AS       3.AA  /dev/sdb
[6:0:2:0]    tape    HP       Ultrium 4-SCSI   U26W  /dev/st0
[6:0:2:1]    mediumx HP       MSL G3 Series    6.30  -
[6:0:3:0]    tape    HP       Ultrium 4-SCSI   U26W  /dev/st1
[7:0:0:0]    disk    Adaptec  Device 0         V1.0  /dev/sdc

and /dev/sg3 is my changer

krait:~ # mtx -f /dev/sg3 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg3:2 Drives, 48 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 3 Loaded):VolumeTag = BR0728L4

Data Transfer Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=BR0729L4
      Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=BR0725L4
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=BR0727L4
.... etc

-- michael