Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...

2009-03-03 17:32:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] HP msl5030 misfunctions ...
From: mimmo lariccia <mum_laris AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:29:24 +0000
Hi all.
Sorry for annoying with another "strange" request, but...
It's making me fool!

Using:
- Centos 5.2 Final
- bacula 2.4.2
- I'm not able to make any kind of "manage" of autochanger, but btape test works perfectly (after I've loaded the drive manually with mtx-changer); also an "update slots" gives me an answer as:
 3999 Device "Autochanger" not found or could not be opened.

Of course backup on FileStorage works perfectly...

From my point of view may be strange that linux detect only a /dev/nst0 instead of 2 LTO1 drives into TapeLibrary, but it's not first time I see a Hp msl "kind" library, works with only a drive, instead two or more...

ls /dev
->
[...]
/dev/sg0
/dev/sg1
/dev/sg2
[...]
/dev/nst0
[...]

bacula-sd.conf

Autochanger {
Name = HPMSL5030
Device = Drive1
Changer Device = /dev/sg0
Changer Command = /usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d
}

Device {
Name = Drive1
Device Type = Tape