Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Adding volumes to a certain Pool

2009-02-13 10:56:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Adding volumes to a certain Pool
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:54:24 -0500
>> How do I put Volumes into a particular Pool?
>
> Hello,
> Maybe try this, from bconsole:
>
> update
>
> Then choose 'Volume parameters' - number '1' on my list.
>
> Then choose 'Pool' - number '11' on my list.
>
> Then choose the pool that the volume is currently in, then choose the volume,
> then type in the pool that you want to move itto.

That would work (and is the proper method) if the volumes were already
in the catalog. In this case at least one of the volumes were labeled
but is not in the catalog. See this:

Volume "103ADU" not found in catalog. Slot=4 InChanger set to zero.
Volume "104ADU" not found in catalog. Slot=5 InChanger set to zero.
Volume "102ADU" not found in catalog. Slot=3 InChanger set to zero.

I would like to add the Volumes 102ADU ~ 104ADU to the Scratch pool.
When I ran the following, I got an error message saying the Volume is
already labeled.

*label barcodes Storage=TS3100_1 Pool=Scratch Slots=3
Connecting to Storage daemon TS3100_1 at baculatest:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "LTO4_1" has 23 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon TS3100_1 at baculatest:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
The following Volumes will be labeled:
Slot  Volume
==============
  3  102ADU
Do you want to label these Volumes? (yes|no): yes
Connecting to Storage daemon TS3100_1 at baculatest:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "102ADU" Slot 3 ...
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 5, drive 0" command.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0" command.
3305 Autochanger "load slot 3, drive 0", status is OK.
3920 Cannot label Volume because it is already labeled: "102ADU"
Label command failed for Volume 102ADU.

John