Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: How to send Bacula messages to different addresses based on backup job, not type

2009-02-13 10:45:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: How to send Bacula messages to different addresses based on backup job, not type
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:37:24 +0100
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:59:02 +0100, Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT me DOT com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Foo might have said:
>
>> Is it possible to send mail to different recipients depending on the
>> backup job?
>
> On unix you could sent the mail to a sendmail alias, use the
> "bacula-main-alias:|/opt/local/bin/parse-bacula-mail.sh" syntax. The
> shell script would decide where the message should be redirected when
> the alias receives it.

Just to clarify the whole chain, output (from jobs etc.) is piped to the
mail/operatorcommand, which is normally bsmtp with arguments, so bsmtp
listens to stdin, adds formatted headers and sends output to the defined
mail gateway.

I presume bsmtp doesn't look at aliases, so for the above to work you need
to replace the mail/operatorcommand with sendmail. Wouldn't it be more
useful to simply point the mail/operatorcommand directly to the shell
script and put bsmtp in there with some grep + if/then constructions to
decide what goes where? Or possibly procmail?