Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Never Mind - Given up on Bacula

2009-02-12 16:29:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Never Mind - Given up on Bacula
From: Steve Handy <shandy AT firstcomm DOT com>
To: "'John Drescher'" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:26:08 -0600
Five years ago. I am sure Netbackup has progressed in those times. No one likes
to dish out money to expensive software, but typically sturdy dependable
products come at a price. Bacula is not a horrible product, but it has bugs in
it. Bugs any serious company will probably not. In my opinion, it needs to be
taken out of the open source community, closed sourced, and then have some
highly paid engineers stamp the bugs.