Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Finding performance issues

2009-02-10 13:07:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Finding performance issues
From: Steve Polyack <korvus AT comcast DOT net>
To: "(private) HKS" <hks.private AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:04:56 -0500
(private) HKS wrote:
> My server's network performance seems all right. Testing basic TCP
> throughput with iperf, I'm showing an average of 880Mbps or so. FTP
> downloads to this server hum along at about 85MB/s.

You may want to expirement with the "Maximum Network Buffer Size"
parameter which is available in both the file-daemon and storage-daemon
configuration files. As far as the documentation explains, the SD's
default is 32768 bytes while the FD default is 65536 bytes.  I'm not
sure what the reason is for the difference, but I would try setting them
both to either 32768 or 65536.  Perhaps try larger values, but stay
under the limits of your OS's TCP send/recv buffers (256k s/r on FreeBSD 7).