Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Can Bacula write to firewire tape library?

2008-11-23 05:24:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Can Bacula write to firewire tape library?
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz AT kinzesberg DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:59:07 +0100
Hi,

is it possible to have Bacula write to Tandberg's firewire VXA
StorageLoader?

And if yes, has someone tested that on MacOS X or Linux? Anyone out there
using this storage loader regularly?

I have to test this storage loader as a backup device, and tests with
Retrospect and PresSTORE are unsatisfying so far; I would like to find out
if the storage loader is simply unreliable or if the support for it in the
named software is poor.

And, by the way, if Bacula could make reliable use of it we would have a
solution - the problem is that the storage loader has alrelay been
purchased.

Thanks in advance for any hint or help.

Dirk