Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bare metal restore using a single server.....

2008-11-18 07:57:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bare metal restore using a single server.....
From: Kevin Thorpe <kevin AT pricetrak DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:54:00 +0000
Hi all,
          I have a single server which is now backed up with bacula. The fd, sd and director are all on this single server.
I've read the bare metal restore notes but they only really document restoring a client (fd). What happens if I lose
the director and catalogue? I cant find any documentation on building such a rescue CD. I suppose worst case I can
install a copy of CentOS and the director in VMware on my pc. I really need the sd on the rescue CD though, or I'll
have to buy a second tape drive. If I did it that way, I suppose I would have to transfer the catalog over after each
backup wouldn't I (or can I get it back from the tape? There's no documentation on that).

I would be gratefiul if anyone can point me in the general direction of an answer. Unfortunately we're a bit short on
equipment here so I haven't many options.

thanks