Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bare metal restore using a single server.....

2008-11-18 16:07:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bare metal restore using a single server.....
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: Kevin Thorpe <kevin AT pricetrak DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:05:00 +0100
Hi Kevin,

I'm totally agree with Arno's description.

For us usually bacula reside on it's own server.
As their are not so much moving on this serveur, db are dumped and system are
tar.gz on external media
(external to the enterprise )
If tapes are used, a spare part are also store externally ( Not easy to find a
sdlt 160/320 in hurry emergency )
for example.
In ideal site we also have a second bacula server or a second hand pc that can
do that stored externally.

Tests have shown us that we can restore bacula server in less than 2 hours
Put the dump back and restore could occur to other server (after it will take
some times to get all datas but that another story.)

Manual describe all what you need.

--

     Bruno Friedmann