Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Win32 client incremental backup fails: Permission denied / IS DIRECTORY ??

2008-11-18 06:41:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Win32 client incremental backup fails: Permission denied / IS DIRECTORY ??
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:39:33 +0100
A Linux backup server running Bacula 2.2.8 on openSUSE 10.3 should
back up a single directory D:\SQL-Backup on a Windows client
running the WinBacula 2.4.3 file daemon on Windows Server 2003,
incrementally on weekdays and fully on weekends.
This job definition:

JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = vm-backup-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  RunBeforeJob = "/usr/local/bin/bacula-check-date %n"
  Storage = LTO1
  SpoolData = yes
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Priority = 10
  MaxWaitTime = 12h
}

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Monthly 1st fri at 23:05
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly 2nd-5th fri at 23:05
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Daily mon-thu at 23:05
}

Client {
  Name = tms-server-fd
  Address = tms.vc.pxnet.com
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "..."
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
  AutoPrune = yes
}

Job {
  Name = "tms-server"
  Client = tms-server-fd
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
#  ClientRunBeforeJob = "C:/Scripts/prebackup.cmd"
  FileSet = "tms-server"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/working/tms-server.bsr"
}

FileSet {
  Name = "tms-server"
  Include {
    File = "D:/SQL-Backup"
  }
}

runs fine with level=Full, but with level=Incremental does not back
up anything, instead writing this to the log (including the
extraneous newline):

--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------
18-Nov 12:10 tms-server-fd JobId 2272: Generate VSS snapshots. Driver="VSS Win
2003", Drive(s)="D"
18-Nov 12:10 tms-server-fd JobId 2272:      Could not stat D:/SQL-Backup:
ERR=Access is denied.

18-Nov 12:11 tms-server-fd JobId 2272: VSS Writer (BackupComplete): "System
Writer", State: 0x1 (VSS_WS_STABLE)
18-Nov 12:11 vm-backup-sd JobId 2272: Job write elapsed time = 00:00:19,
Transfer rate = 0  bytes/second

SysInternals Process Monitor on the client machine tells me that at
the time of the error, bacula-fd.exe does this: