Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Avoiding user file manipulation

2008-11-14 17:26:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Avoiding user file manipulation
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:23:09 +0100
Hi,

14.11.2008 11:15, Personal Técnico wrote:
> [...]
>
>         Console {
>           Name = usuarios
>           Password = "abcde"
>           JobACL = Backup-clientA, RestoreFiles
>           ScheduleACL = *all*
>           ClientACL = clientA-fd
>           FileSetACL = Usuario-Windows
>           CatalogACL = Catalogo-USUARIOS
>           CommandACL =
>
> setdebug,cancel,disable,estimate,help,messages,restore,run,status,exit,.backups,.clients,.defaults,.exit,.filesets,.help,.jobs,.messages,.pools,.quit,.status,.storage
>           StorageACL = *all*
>           PoolACL = Incr_USUARIOS
>         }
>

> CLIENT:
>
>     bwx-console.conf:
>
>         Director {
>           Name = server_name
>           DIRport = 9101
>           address = IP_Address
>           Password = "xxxxx"   # an incorrect password!!
>         }
>
>         Console {
>           Name = usuarios
>           Password = "abcde"  # the same password there is in the
>         bacula-dir.conf
>         }
>
>     bacula-fd.conf:
>
>         FileDaemon {
>           Name = clientA-fd
>           FDport = 9102                # where we listen for the director
>           WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All
>         Users\\Datos de programa\\Bacula\\Work"
>           Pid Directory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Datos
>         de programa\\Bacula\\Work"
>           Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>         }
>
>         #
>         # List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
>         #
>         Director {
>           Name = server_name
>           Password = "password"
>           Address = IP_Address
>         }
>
>         #
>         # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
>         #   status of the file daemon
>         #
>         Director {
>           Name = clientA-mon
>           Password = "password"
>           Monitor = yes
>         }
>
>         Messages {
>           Name = Standard
>           director = server_name = all, !skipped, !restored
>         }
>

> With this configuration, users can do only command listed in
> "CommandACL" (it is OK!!), but if a user modify his files and removes
> Console in bwx-console and changes password value (he can see in
> bacula-fd.conf that password is "password"), he obtain a full console...
> If I changes passowd value in "bacula-fd.conf" by a wrong value, client
> can't connect, even console values in bwx-console.conf...
>
> How can I configure server and client for avoid user manipulation and
> avoid a "normal" user to get a full console??

Hmm... you could make the bwx-console.conf unwriteable by regular
users. Also ensure they can not restore files to anywhere except their
  home directories, so they can't simply overwrite it with a copy they
create themselves.

The remaining problem is to make sure they don't call bwx-console -c
C:\path\to\users\directory\bwx-console.conf' ... I don't see how you
can prevent this without changing bwx-console's code, though.

Arno

> Thanks..
>
> P.D.: bufff, my english is poooooooor...

PS: Good enough.

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück