Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Unable to position to end of data on device

2008-11-14 07:26:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Unable to position to end of data on device
From: Martijn de Munnik <martijn AT youngguns DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:23:53 +0100
Hi,

I previously posted this issue on this list but there seems to be no
solution. I just upgraded to the latest release of bacula and the
problem still exists. I changed the error state of the volume back to
append but bacula is unable to position to the end of data. This
occurs when the job before this one used another tape (e.g. a restore).

any ideas?

1000 OK: chet-dir Version: 2.4.3 (10 October 2008)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*mess
14-Nov 12:31 chet-sd JobId 1140: Error: Unable to position to end of
data on device "Exabyte VXA-2 Drive" (/dev/rmt/0cbn): ERR=dev.c:1325
read error on "Exabyte VXA-2 Drive" (/dev/rmt/0cbn). ERR=I/O error.
14-Nov 12:31 chet-sd JobId 1140: Marking Volume "A0000005" in Error in
Catalog.

Device {
   Name = "Exabyte VXA-2 Drive"
   Drive Index = 0
   Media Type = "VXA-2"
   Device Type = Tape
   Archive Device = /dev/rmt/0cbn
   AutomaticMount = yes
   AlwaysOpen = yes
   RemovableMedia = yes
   RandomAccess = no
   AutoChanger = yes
   Changer Command = "/opt/csw/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
   Alert Command = "sh -c '/opt/csw/sbin/tapeinfo -f %c |grep
TapeAlert|cat'"
   Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c2t0d0
   Label Media = yes
   Offline On Unmount = no
   Hardware End of Medium = no
   BSF at EOM = yes