Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.3 Win32 truncate error

2008-11-14 17:20:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.3 Win32 truncate error
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:17:19 +0100
Hello,

14.11.2008 10:12, Roman Payreder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading from Bacual 2.2.X to 2.4.3 I have following problem:
>
> I use a Pool for Incremental Backups with max vol jobs=1 and Retention
> period = 1 Month. Backup works fine when the volumes are first time
> autolabeled. But after one Month, when it should overwrite the files, it
> sets the filesize to 0K but cannot write into that file. Following error
>   appears:
>
> 14-Nov 03:00 backup02-dir JobId 67: Start Backup JobId 67,
> Job=firewall-system.2008-11-14_03.00.18
> 14-Nov 03:00 backup02-dir JobId 67: Recycled volume "firewall-incr-0004"
> 14-Nov 03:00 backup02-dir JobId 67: Using Device "firewall-FileStorage"
> 14-Nov 03:00 backup02-sd JobId 67: Fatal error: ../../stored/label.c:481
> Truncate error on device "firewall-FileStorage" (F:\Bacula\firewall):
> ERR=../../stored/dev.c:1971 Unable to stat device "firewall-FileStorage"
> (F:\Bacula\firewall). ERR=The handle is invalid.

Hmm... there was a problem truncating files on win32 which happened
with spool files. That one was fixed between 2.0.3 and 2.0.4.

It might be that it wasn't fixed for actual volume files, though.

AFAICS, it only happened with files larger than 2 GB, so you could try
to limit your volume size to 2 GB and see what happens.

If that fixes the issue, it seems likely to be the same underlying
problem - you should report this to the -devel list then to have it fixed.

Of course, you can always submit a bug report, but as there currently
is no Windows developer active, it is unlikely to get much attention
without you pointing to a possible solution.

Arno

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann