Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes. (but they are there!)

2008-11-10 18:02:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes. (but they are there!)
From: Joerg Wunsch <j AT uriah.heep.sax DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:58:20 +0100
As Mingus Dew wrote:

> When I have this issue I do the following.
>
> 1. Make sure that the request for an "appendable volume" isn't legitimate.
> It happens, tapes fill up and no more are available in the changer.
> 2. Cancel any tape jobs. Let any disk jobs complete
> 3. Stop bacula-dir, bacula-sd
> 4. Remove bacula-dir.state, bacula-sd.state
> 5. Restart bacula-dir, bacula-sd
> 6. Run canceled tape jobs.

Well, for me it was even sufficient to restart just bacula-sd, this
unblocks the drive in turn.  I also think I found the root of all evil
that was eventually causing the hardware errors the changer reported
(which in turn made bacula-sd block the drive), it was probably a line
in the chio-bacula script my changer couldn't really stand.

Anyway, I'd still be interested in learning how to unblock the drive
/without/ cancelling the job, and restarting bacula-sd, i. e. a way to
tell bacula-sd: "Hey, all the trouble is gone, the hardware is fixed
again, please just continue now."