Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf

2008-11-10 17:07:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:35:43 +0100
Hi Paul nothing above point 2 but for point 1

Paul Cable wrote:
> Here's my setup:
> Debian Lenny / Bacula 2.4.3 / BAT / Webmin
> Couple 250GB SATA Drives Mirrored
> No tapes, going to stick to HDD storage
>
> Question 1.
> When trying to start BAT from the command line I have to specify with
> the -c switch a configuration file every time. Is it possible to get
> this to be automatic when I type just BAT? It seems to work fine for
> starting the daemons.
I really thing it's easy under linux to alias bat with bat -c whatever/dir-conf
man alias would guide you

But realizing your windows baby status I guess you are behind a window so in
your case
i would recommend to create a little .cmd or a launch lnk which embed the
"bat.exe -c whatever_directory/dir-conf" file.

> Question 2.
> Where can I find a copy of the default bacula-dir.conf in the 2.4.3 tar
> file? I've edited some of the entries for the default Catalog backup and
> the default schedule it uses, I'd like to go back to default and start
> again (maybe with some includes so I don't screw up the catalog runs).
> Maybe there is a copy of the default director config somewhere on the
> internet? I can't track it down in the extracted folder from the install
> tar package, but I may just be looking in the wrong place.
If you are under windows, the installer are extractable with 7-zip or other

> Question 3. Is it possible to save your backup to two places with the
> same job? My files will be stored on the same server and partition as
> everything else . The only other computer in my equation so far is the
> client. While the drives in the server are mirrored, I'd also like to
> store the files one more time on another windows server (shared
> drived/networked storage). I know I can probably make it happen through
> third party software or some type of cron job, but I'd like the
> secondary storage location to use the same pruning rules as the primary
> storage location.
Not Yet !
Multiple sd are for future

> Thanks for any help, sorry if I am asking dumb questions, I'm a windows
> baby. I really love Bacula though, been using it for years and didn't
> even know it (bought a revinetix appliance). With webmin its almost as
> easy to setup and use as revinetix, even for a winblows user like
> myself. I just can't get restores to work through webmin yet, but that's
> no big deal considering how much easier the config files are to deal
> with.
Don't know webmin bash & vi are the only tool you need ...
[Please no flame here :-) ]

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com