Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf

2008-11-10 15:10:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf
From: Joerg Wunsch <j AT uriah.heep.sax DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:07:59 +0100
As Paul Cable wrote:

I can't tell you much about your other questions, but I can probably
answer this one:

> Question 1.
> When trying to start BAT from the command line I have to specify with
> the -c switch a configuration file every time. Is it possible to get
> this to be automatic when I type just BAT? It seems to work fine for
> starting the daemons.

Well, it tries to find a file named ./bat.conf -- at least it tells me
so when starting it without arguments.  When looking into
src/qt-console/main.cpp, you can see a line:

#define CONFIG_FILE "./bat.conf"   /* default configuration file */

So I think by now, your only chance is to manually modify that line
before building bat.  Given that bat announces everywhere to be a beta
realease only, my guess is that minor stuff like this are probably
going to be cleaned up later on (i.e. changed to be more in line with
the remaining config file locations which can be selected at configure
time).