Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf

2008-11-10 13:30:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Assioate BAT w/ its config permanently / Default dir.conf
From: "Paul Cable" <pcable AT EBMKY DOT COM>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:28:28 -0500

Here's my setup:
Debian Lenny / Bacula 2.4.3 / BAT / Webmin
Couple 250GB SATA Drives Mirrored
No tapes, going to stick to HDD storage

Question 1.
When trying to start BAT from the command line I have to specify with the -c switch a configuration file every time. Is it possible to get this to be automatic when I type just BAT? It seems to work fine for starting the daemons.

Question 2.
Where can I find a copy of the default bacula-dir.conf in the 2.4.3 tar file? I've edited some of the entries for the default Catalog backup and the default schedule it uses, I'd like to go back to default and start again (maybe with some includes so I don't screw up the catalog runs). Maybe there is a copy of the default director config somewhere on the internet? I can't track it down in the extracted folder from the install tar package, but I may just be looking in the wrong place.

Question 3. Is it possible to save your backup to two places with the same job? My files will be stored on the same server and partition as everything else . The only other computer in my equation so far is the client. While the drives in the server are mirrored, I'd also like to store the files one more time on another windows server (shared drived/networked storage). I know I can probably make it happen through third party software or some type of cron job, but I'd like the secondary storage location to use the same pruning rules as the primary storage location.

Thanks for any help, sorry if I am asking dumb questions, I'm a windows baby. I really love Bacula though, been using it for years and didn't even know it (bought a revinetix appliance). With webmin its almost as easy to setup and use as revinetix, even for a winblows user like myself. I just can't get restores to work through webmin yet, but that’s no big deal considering how much easier the config files are to deal with.

Sorry if I'm breaking any mailling list rules or common sense stuff. Please correct me, I learn quick. And just as an FYI I did try to search the archive a bit, but damn is it slow to respond.

Thanks,
Paul Cable