Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Got EOF on tape after reboot

2008-11-09 07:57:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Got EOF on tape after reboot
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:47:31 +0100
Hi Carlo

Don't remember if it is necessary but I've alway assumed that btape need newly
blank media.
So I always before run, issue a mt -f /dev/nst0 weof

Carlo Maesen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed bacula 2.4.3 from source.
> Now I am testing the tape-unit with mt and btape.
> The first time  I do "btape -c /usr/local/bacula/bin/bacula-sd.conf
> /dev/nst0", the test runs properly.
> Then I unload the tape "mt -f /dev/nst0 rewoff" . I reboot the server. I load
> the same tape. At that moment I have the following error when I run the btape
> test command:
> #  btape -c /usr/local/bacula/bin/bacula-sd.conf /dev/nst0
> Tape block granularity is 1024 bytes.
> btape: butil.c:285 Using device: "/dev/nst0" for writing.
> btape: btape.c:372 open device "lto4drive" (/dev/nst0): OK
> *test
>
> === Write, rewind, and re-read test ===
>
> I'm going to write 1000 records and an EOF
> then write 1000 records and an EOF, then rewind,
> and re-read the data to verify that it is correct.
>
> This is an *essential* feature ...
>
> btape: btape.c:831 Wrote 1000 blocks of 64412 bytes.
> btape: btape.c:505 Wrote 1 EOF to "lto4drive" (/dev/nst0)
> btape: btape.c:847 Wrote 1000 blocks of 64412 bytes.
> btape: btape.c:505 Wrote 1 EOF to "lto4drive" (/dev/nst0)
> btape: btape.c:856 Rewind OK.
> 1000 blocks re-read correctly.
> Got EOF on tape.
> 06-Nov 15:30 btape JobId 0: Error: block.c:999 Read error on fd=3 at file:blk
> 1:0 on device "lto4drive" (/dev/nst0). ERR=Input/output error.
> Got EOF on tape.
> Got EOF on tape.
>
> When I load a new tape, the test runs properly, until I reboot the server.
> Ik tried the following without success:
> mt -f /dev/nst0 defblksize 0
>
> I am running Bacula 2.4.3 on CentOS 5.2.
> Harware Server: SunFire X2100
> TapeUnit: HP StorageWorks 1760.
>
> This is my bacula-sd.conf:
> #
> # Default Bacula Storage Daemon Configuration file
> #
> #  For Bacula release 2.4.3 (10 October 2008) -- redhat
> #
> # You may need to change the name of your tape drive
> #   on the "Archive Device" directive in the Device
> #   resource.  If you change the Name and/or the
> #   "Media Type" in the Device resource, please ensure
> #   that dird.conf has corresponding changes.
> #
>
> Storage {                             # definition of myself
>   Name = itshas-sv11-sd
>   SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
>   WorkingDirectory = "/usr/local/bacula/"
>   Pid Directory = "/usr/local/bacula/bin/working"
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> }
>
> #
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = itshas-sv11-dir
>   Password = "xxx"
> }
>
> #
> [...]

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com