Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Fwd: 64bit for File.FileId

2008-11-07 09:49:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Fwd: 64bit for File.FileId
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "James Cort" <james.cort AT u4eatech DOT com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:47:04 +0100
Hello,

Bacula can handle 64 bit FileId fields, but unfortunately, I forget exactly
the version where all the work was done.  However, I am sure that version
2.4.x does contain all the necessary modifications so that it will work.

We are sure it is working because Eric has been running with 64 bit
(bigserial) PostgreSQL FileIds for quite some time.  Eric can fill you in on
the steps that are necessary to make it work.  Currently, upgrading from 32
bit FileIds to 64 bit is a manual exercise, but with the next major release
(around the end of the year) we are planning to make it the default.

Best regards,

Kern

PS: I would be interested to hear about your setup since you seem to have
quite big backup needs.