Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: [Bacula-devel] Fwd: 64bit for File.FileId

2008-11-07 09:54:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: [Bacula-devel] Fwd: 64bit for File.FileId
From: Eric Bollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:51:36 +0100
Hello,

We have a patch for that, this is scheduled for the 3.0.0 version.
trunk/patches/testing/fileid64.patch

Modifications are quite simple (postgresql part)

BEGIN;
ALTER TABLE file ALTER fileid TYPE bigint ;
ALTER TABLE basefiles ALTER fileid TYPE bigint;
COMMIT;

The serial counter doesn't need to be modified.

=> This will take time and space (2x the actual db size)

And, also a typedef in src/cats/cats.h
-typedef uint32_t FileId_t;
+typedef uint64_t FileId_t;

which is less critical, but needs to recompile the director.

James, please, can you fill the testimonial page on www.bacula.org, your setup
seems to be very cool :) (it can be anonymous)

Bye