Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?

2008-11-04 10:48:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What new feature are you waiting for?
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:45:10 +0200
"Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org> kirjoitti viestissä
news:490E37E9.3040205 AT langille DOT org...
> With the upcoming release of Bacula, what new feature are you waiting for?
>
> Me?  I'm waiting for duplicate job control.  I had to change a tape
> today, but I was busy:

If would appreciate some level of fault tolerance in tape / autochanger
support.

For example, automatically running "update slots" if the loaded tape was not
the correct one, human operator mistakes do happen anyway, and they are
usually detected while Bacula is running unmanned in the middle of the
night. I also had some hard-to-reproduce trouble with Exabyte's autochanger,
now I'm using improved changer script (by Mark Nienberg) and it has fixed
the actual problem but since Bacula is not aware of the improved (try to
find the label of the tape) functionality of the script, it causes extra
hassle when labeling new tapes etc.

--
TiN