Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula with MSL G3 Series

2008-11-04 09:03:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula with MSL G3 Series
From: lars.breimo AT lo DOT se
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:00:00 +0100

Hi, I try again.....

Hi, my bacula are configured with Autochanger, running standard mtx-changer with an HP MSL G3 with 24 slots, but the auto changing, some times, will not work when media is full, and after spending hours of testing, i wonder if it is the "prevent media removal" thats the issue here?, because off the message that G3 is sending: error 45 occured.

Device      : <HP G3>
Error       : 45 00 15
Description : Removal Locked  (=
"prevent media removal"?)
This message was generated automatically from
HP       MSL G3 Series

And from bacula-sd: Please mount Volume "2008_08_01" on Storage Device "TapeDevice-1" (/dev/nst0) for Job backup.2008-08-05_11.00.00

Howto tell HP G3 to turn off "prevent media removal" ? I have search for a solution, but not found it... yet. I hope you can help,

I have run the test thrue  btape with no errors.......

My setup is this: centos5, bacula 2.0.3

regards,

/lars