Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin

2008-10-30 11:18:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Beta 2.5.16 Exchange Plugin
From: Javier Gomez <gomez AT dynamicquest DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:15:51 -0400
James Harper wrote:
> I have just committed a fix for exchange-fd to svn. Restores are now
> working again for me.
>
> If you just want the plugin, you can download it from
> http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/exchange-fd-20081030.zip
>
> James

James, please note the logs below.  I our Exchange Admin reviewed the
backup and restore for the Exchange plugin.  His comments back to was
that it looked like the Restore worked as expected, but that the Backup
may not be getting the files correctly.  Notice the "State: Dirty
Shutdown" log entry below.  This is from running the eseutil from
Microsoft to check the restored database.  It looks like the database
was grabbed but not via the "backup mode" from Microsoft.  It looks like
it performed a "file level backup" instead of using the Exchange Backup
calls.  This may explain the error I noticed in the Backup as well as
Restore process ("HrESEBackupSetup" and "HrESERestoreComplete").  Below
are the results of the "eseutil" command against the newly restore database.

================

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh "C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Sorage Group\MailboxStore.edb"

Microsoft(R) Exchange Server Database Utilities
Version 6.5
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Initiating FILE DUMP mode...
         Database: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage
Group\MailboxStore.edb

        File Type: Database
   Format ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
   Engine ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
 Format ulVersion: 0x620,11
 Engine ulVersion: 0x620,11
Created ulVersion: 0x620,9
     DB Signature: Create time:07/09/2008 15:02:42 Rand:2519292 Computer:
         cbDbPage: 4096
           dbtime: 111825 (0x1b4d1)
            State: Dirty Shutdown
     Log Required: 43-43 (0x2b-0x2b)
   Streaming File: Yes
         Shadowed: Yes
       Last Objid: 354
     Scrub Dbtime: 0 (0x0)
       Scrub Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
     Repair Count: 0
      Repair Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
 Old Repair Count: 0
  Last Consistent: (0x28,24,1CD)  10/29/2008 07:52:54
      Last Attach: (0x28,2C,D0)  10/29/2008 07:56:49
      Last Detach: (0x0,0,0)  00/00/1900 00:00:00
             Dbid: 1
    Log Signature: Create time:07/09/2008 15:02:39 Rand:2479528 Computer:
       OS Version: (5.2.3790 SP 2)

Previous Full Backup:
        Log Gen: 42-42 (0x2a-0x2a)
           Mark: (0x2A,1D,159)
           Mark: 10/30/2008 07:11:39

        Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
           Mark: (0x0,0,0)
           Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00

Current Full Backup:
        Log Gen: 43-0 (0x2b-0x0)
           Mark: (0x2B,70,DF)
           Mark: 10/30/2008 09:29:40

Current Shadow copy backup:
        Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
           Mark: (0x0,0,0)
           Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00

     cpgUpgrade55Format: 0
    cpgUpgradeFreePages: 0
cpgUpgradeSpaceMapPages: 0

Patch Current Full Backup:
        Log Gen: 43-43 (0x2b-0x2b)
           Mark: (0x2B,70,DF)
           Mark: 10/30/2008 09:29:40

Operation completed successfully in 3.0 seconds.